Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Project 6 Beading Babes

This week is the reveal of items we've been making in project 6 of Beading Babes. I've only succeeded in completing Soutache

I worked on a few tutorial/practice pieces, as you can see I still haven't put the 3 blue pieces together in a necklace or finished the harp ear rings to go with them. I also did the extra tulip shape from B&B website and the initial shape in mag but I didn't a pair of each. The braid I used on these I bought from a local shop. By the time I got this far I had received my order from http://www.ameerunswithscissors.com/ and was itching to try it out. I really loved the feel of this new braid, great quality and it sat together nicely. So here's my new pieces.


I also attempted the Ripple Effect Cuff by Sherry Serafini.
I actually finished this side, then started the second. As every beader knows its all about tension.So by the second side I'd settled into a softer tension which then meant I pulled it all out, back to just the centre piece. I then did some freeform beading which I enjoyed more but doesn't fit with the centre piece so it will come out as well. So back to ripples and creating a variation of it.

 There were 2 other designs a bracelet and necklace which I never managed to even look at. Anyway there has been lots of fabulous creations for all the designs and I'm sure we all learnt heaps, I know I did.
To see more about this please visit either http://releasesbyrufydoof.blogspot.com.au/ or https://www.facebook.com/groups/383705698317459/



No comments:

Post a Comment