Monday, January 21, 2013

Soutache Challenge Piece

Artisan Whimsy has a Soutache Challenge on, with prizes from Ameerunswithscissors.com
The challenge gave a tutorial to use as guidance.

 My challenge piece
I started with the tutorial turning it into a pendant then added some other components which I'd learnt from tutorials from Amee's website.
I already had a stash of soutache braid so the hardest part was finding the focal, which turned out to be a shell coin bead
I enjoyed the process of the challenge and this piece is for me


3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! is this seriously your first? WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia , I've done a couple of small pendants as you can see in the banner but this was my first larger one.

      Delete
  2. I was going to ask the same Cynthia did :) This is quite amazing - and perfect :)

    ReplyDelete